Saturday, May 25, 2013

Transplanting and Planting.

Last evening was spent with Hubby cutting the large front 3 acres of grass and myself bush-hogging the high perimeter weeds or "roughage" as I like to call it. This takes about 3 hours to do with one of us on a zero-turn mower and the other on the tractor pulling the bush-hog attachment. We finished up just as it was turning dark.



Before I got to bush hogging though I did a few things in the garden. One task was to pull up all 8 of the watermelon plants... we found out earlier in the week that we should not have planted them in the middle of the garden since they run all of the ground and will choke up all the other veggies. So I am transplanting them to a separate place on the plot in a corner so they can run.



I also planted some pecan tree seedlings someone at work gave me in a couple of pots. Again, just experimenting to see what happens.



And then after we made it home after dark, I put my okra seeds in water to soak before planting them the next morning. Why? Because that is what every farmer I have talked to has told me do!

No comments:

Post a Comment