Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Planting the Garden - Day 2

What do crazy country folk do on a Saturday night after spending 10 hours working in the garden all that day? They go to town for supper out and then buy MORE veggies to plant in the garden the next day! Can you say gluttons?? That's right, we bought quite a few more plants to "fill in the gaps" in the garden. (Say what?) So Sunday brought on more veggie planting for me while Hubby cut the front 3+ acres of grass...



I planted seven pepper plants, more tomatoes, two more cherry tomatoes, two eggplants, and 8 watermelon plants. What a variety! And then I had to go back to the oh-so-painful seed planting... 3 full long rows of pink-eyed peas and 4 half rows of pole beans.



Of course, I had my shadow the pea thief with me again...



And I have to tell you (more like cry and whine to you) that I felt like I run a marathon again after all this planting... I do not know how my Grandparents did this!! Even so, there was more work to be done... so I proceeded to hand scoop out three entire bags of pine mulch on top of the raised beds to keep the moisture in them while Hubby set up our sprinkler system to run off the well. Once we had our sprinklers set up, we ran them until the well ran dry. Hmmmmmmm... This could be an issue down the road...?

Oh well for now... but, doesn't the view look nice?



No comments:

Post a Comment