Sunday, May 26, 2013

Redneck Ingenuity At Its Best

What a beautiful Saturday to work on the farm!

Hubby started the day off tilling along the edge of the other front plot to plant/rake in 5 lbs. of behia grass seed.



At the same time, I planted most of the okra seeds that I had soaked overnight. I planted these where the watermelons used to be plus filled in some other gaps in the middle of the garden.



Next, I re-planted the watermelons near the far end just past the garden rows.



Here is a great view of the corn and beans coming up!



Next up, we used some redneck ingenuity and constructed some "scarecrows" using some of my Grandmother's old metal pie pans. How noisy are the pans clanging together in the wind!













Hopefully, the shiny plates whipping in the wind will deter the birds and the clanging noise will shoo the deer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment