Thursday, May 23, 2013

Maintaining the Goods

We were finally able to walk into/around the garden last night since all the rain over the weekend. Before I could even get to the raised beds Hubby had already picked the ripe strawberries! We split the first four deliciously sweet berries - Super yum!



After my inspection of the garden including my daily hunt for wildlife tracks, I planted all of the pumpkin seeds I purchased last weekend - 3 different types. There is a farm a few miles up the highway that plants acres and acres of pumpkins every year... so why not experiment and see what we can grow too?

I had also purchased okra seeds to plant in the last open row of the garden, but I ran out of time since we had to go take care of some things with the honey bees. As you can see up close, my peas are getting bigger every day!!!



The last hour of the evening was spent suiting up and adding new supers/boxes to two of our three hives. This will allow the bees more room to make their honey.





No comments:

Post a Comment