Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bravo For the Bees!

On Tuesday evening while the sprinklers watered the garden, we had planned to check up on our honey bees since it has been almost two weeks since Hubby last opened their boxes. The good news is that the bee gear Hubby ordered for me had arrived in the mail last week...The bad news is that I had to dress out in the bee gear to help him. (Again, I really am only a beekeeper's wife...not a beekeeper!) It was my job to puff the smoke on the bees to "relax" them while Hubby opened their hives and checked out their handywork. Sounds easy enough, huh?



Do you see that I only have the head gear piece and the long gloves? I thought I asked for the full suit. Hmmmmmmmm

Our bee hives are named in the order they arrived... Alpha Company and Bravo Company for the first two from Griffin, GA and then Charlie Company for the third one from Columbus, GA.







Alpha and Charlie were doing okay... but, Bravo was kicking butt in their work so we added a new section for them to spread out.

No comments:

Post a Comment