Sunday, September 1, 2013

Check Out Them Taters!

Did I post about our discovery last week? During all of our cleaning up and out of the old veggies, I took one last look at all the long yellowing vines from the 6-7 sweet potato plants in the middle raised bed and decided enough was enough. It was time to cut the vines and get the bed ready for fall plantings... I mean I could not tell if the plants even had any potatoes anyway. So I started pulling the vines up and out of the bed... only to discover this...



And then we started digging...


And digging... and digging some more!


And we found some HUGE ones!


A whole half a bushel basket of them.


Will you look at the size of those suckers!??!


All I can say is WOW!!! So exciting that we can even grow sweet taters!


And now we wait for them to cure....

No comments:

Post a Comment